Mahatma Gandhi Essay in English 10 Lines: Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is the Father of the Nation. He was one of the greatest freedom fighters of India and today because of him and many other fighters India is an independent, democratic and secular country.
He was born on 2 October and his birth date is a national holiday in India. People celebrate Gandhi Jayanti throughout India. In this article we’ll talk about the great man, Gandhi in 4 Sets each containing 10 lines.
Mahatma Gandhi Essay in English 10 Lines
- Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2 October 1869.
- The full name of Gandhiji is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
- He was a great leader and a polite man.
- He was born in Porbandar, Gujarat.
- He studied law at the University of Bombay.
- He completed his graduation from University of London in 1891.
- He was an Indian lawyer, anti-colonial nationalist and politician.
- He followed the non-violent path to get civil rights.
- His father was the Chief Minister of Porbandar.
- The names of Gandhi’s parents are Karamchand Gandhi and Pitubai.
Mahatma Gandhi Essay 10 Lines
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi struggled a lot for Indian Independence.
- Gandhi was married to Kasturba Makhanji when he was 13 years old and had 4 sons.
- Gandhi made the Satyagraha, the salt march to Dandi.
- Satyagraha was in action from March 12 to April 6 in 1930.
- He walked on the principle of non-violence (ahinsa).
- When he was young he faced racism wherever he went.
- Once he was thrown out of the train even while having a first class train ticket.
- He learned so many things from these incidents.
- He started unifying people of India.
- He was also jailed along with many other leaders on many occasions.
10 Lines About Mahatma Gandhi
- Gandhi is called the ‘Father of the Nation’.
- Mahatma Gandhi was a great freedom fighter.
- He dressed like a simple man and wore khadi clothes.
- He was very humble and these qualities were the reason why he was called “bapu”.
- Gandhi died on January 30, 1948.
- He was shot three times in his chest.
- Gandhi played a major role in getting freedom for India.
- Gandhi and other nationalists struggled for Indian independence until they finally got free from British rule in 1947.
- He was a very calm person and always thought about making peace with every situation.
- He walked on the principle of Secularism, Satyagraha and non-violence.
10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi in English
- Gandhi wanted to unify India and make it a secular place.
- He wanted to unite Hindus and Muslims with political and economic stability.
- He struggled to make peace and free Indians from the British colonial rule.
- Gandhi-Irwin pact was signed in March 1931 to release the prisoners who were not violent during the Civil Disobedience Act.
- He also improved the life of the oppressed community and the untouchables.
- He called the untouchables, Harijans which means the children of God.
- He was the leader of the Indian Nationalist Movement.
- His “ Quit India ” movement led to the arrest of many innocent people.
- He was then arrested in Mumbai and kept behind the bars for 2 years.
- During the time when he was in jail, his wife passed away.
A man like Gandhi could never be born again. His principles teach us a lot about life. He was a man of words. Even today people shed their tears and pay tribute to Gandhi on Gandhi Jayanti in remembrance of his struggle and him. I hope this article helps you.